Hello everyone!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I never do personal posts, which I don't know is a good or a bad thing, so I'm going to start a new trend of doing a personal post once a month. Hope y'all are okay with that! So here's my first one!
As most of you saw on my instagram, I had the most amazing opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic for Spring Break. My best friends and I ventured down to Punta Cana in March for a week of relaxing, tanning, and bonding. This was our last spring break together, for who knows how long, and we wanted to make the most of it. We stayed at the Barcelo Punta Cana resort, which was all inclusive, and if I add, it is definitely the way to go. Most of our time there we spent tanning at the amazing pool, sipping on cocktails, dancing til' the sunrise in our hotel rooms, and learning way too much about each other. Bonding with these girls is what made this trip the best and I wouldn't replace it for anything! I have always been blessed with the opportunities to travel to many different places, like England, Spain, Russia, Mexico, and Croatia! After going on a trip with a bunch of twenty-something year old girls, I realized many different things that I did not notice when traveling before. So here's where the educational part comes in. These couple things are my advice to do before traveling to a foreign country.
1. Do your research on everything (hotel, rental cars, airports, excursions, etc.)
2. Bring a good amount of medicine! You never know what kinds of illness you make acquire.
3. Make sure to notify your credit card company that you are going abroad and have enough cash in your bag for an emergency.
4. Check if the power outlets are different from the ones in the US.
5. Pack an extra pair of clothing in your carry-on.
6. Bring snacks.
7. Get any vaccinations that are necessary to go into that specific country
8. Double check with your phone carrier your rates for international roaming.
Any other tips? Feel free to comment to let me and anyone else reading this know.
Also, here is the link to our video that we made from the trip! Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!